When you are trying to advertise your business or gain more customers, there is nothing like showing up to a big event with a truck load of flyers to pass out to thousands and thousands of people. Why is this good news? Three reasons…
- You will have thousands of people at your disposal
- All you have to do is show up
- Its free
Let’s take last Sunday for instance. Sunday was the last day of Taste of Charlotte. There were well over 1,000 people who attended this free, outside event. If you have a business, this is the place to be, right in the middle of the crowd, passing out your business cards or flyers. Why is this the place to be? Three reasons…
- People are expecting vendors to be present (Today, you are an independent vendor, you just don’t have a booth)
- They know there are going to be people passing out coupons, free samples and much more (give them something to take home)
- They have no idea what you are going to give them but they don’t want to miss out so they will be more susceptible to take your flyer in this type of environment (this is a win win situation for you)
Now, here are a few tips to help you succeed during the next big event.
- Look just like the people you are giving flyers to. If this is a casual event, look casual. If this is a formal event, look formal.
- If you have a shirt with your logo on it, wear it.
- If you have family and friends that can help you, pull together a team to help you, the more the merrier.
- Have your elevator speech prepared for those who are instantly drawn to your business.
- Have plenty of flyers!
If you need business cards, flyers or brochures, contact me!